Thursday, October 24, 2013

Counting Blessings: Just Walking

Today's Blessing:  Thinking Time

Actually, that's been a blessing for many days.  I've kind-of turned into a walkaholic!!   I really enjoy it!  I especially like walking to work in the mornings...it makes me feel all energized!

I must admit, the mornings are getting down right cold, but I bundle up good and a fast walking pace keeps me nice and warm.  And these past few days have be totally warm (almost hot!) by the time I'm walking home from work in the afternoon.

The thing I like most about walking is I get to think!  I call it my thinking time!  I think about what I want to accomplish at work and home, I think about scriptures or talks I have read, and lately I've been thinking about Christmas!  I know, I'm guilty!  But I have to get an early start if I want to get my "Meaningful" gift (12 days of Christmas) ready by December 8 so I can give it out at our family's FHE in December!  I've actually planned each of the days while I've been walking!  Isn't it great?!  People driving by probably think I'm crazy though, because I carry my Kindle Fire with me and as ideas come into my head I note them in my Kindle...while walking!  Don't worry, I haven't ran into anything yet! :)

Another cool thing is I get to see some pretty interesting sights, especially now with Halloween almost here!  I try to walk a different route each day and I've gotten to see some real cute decorating ideas, and some pretty creepy ones too!  So that's my pic for the day...actually pictures!  Enjoy my walk!!

Cute Fall Ladder...I think I'll make one! :)

Eek!  Too creepy for me!

Just a few cobwebs??

Loved the saying!

Now that's a lot of inflatables!

Welcome??

1 comment:

  1. Jonas would LOVE going on those walks. He loves halloween decorations.

    ReplyDelete