Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Counting Blessings: An Early Halloween Package

Today's Blessing:  United States Postal Service!

Wow!  Jessica really took me by surprise in her letter on Monday when she said her Visa to Argentina had finally arrived!  I certainly had mixed emotions...I think it was just reassuring to know she wasn't that far away.  After my emotions settled though, my next thought was, 'Oh no!!  I've got to get her Halloween package to her NOW!!'

So I put my thought into actions, and today after work I put it all together and got it in the mail.  The mail clerk told me two days...hopefully...except lately Washington has been slow.  Oh dear!  I'm praying it gets there by Saturday otherwise the other sister missionaries will just have some extra Halloween treats to eat!!
So I put together some of my favorite stories and quotes...
thought I better keep it spiritual!
I've always loved "The Parable of the Popcorn" and according to Tiffany,
the caramel popcorn inside is to die for!!

Thanks to Laurie Johnson who shared
this cute idea on sugerdoogle!

Got to give credit to Sandy
at called2serve2by2.blogspot.com
She has some really cute Missionary Care Pkg ideas

Cute box, right?!  Found it at Dollar Tree several weeks ago! :)
While I was picking up the flat-rate box from the post office earlier today, another lady was there mailing a package... to Argentina!!  I asked her if packages actually make it to Argentina.  She said she didn't know...this was their first.  Later, when Scott and I were back at the post office mailing Jessica's package, we asked the clerk how much a package costs to go to Argentina..."well," he said, "if you mail it in a medium flat-rate box it will cost you $59.95.  If you use your own box and keep it under 4 pounds then it's only $24.95."  Oh my!...it will be like having Jason in Honduras all over again!  My package today weighed 5 1/2 pounds!  Good thing it was just going to Washington!  I definitely can't drive there for $16.95.  So thank you USPS for that.  I have a funny feeling though, my packages to Argentina are going to be very few. Sorry Hermana Dean...your brother Jason can sympathize with you!
I included four of everything...I had to include the three other
sister missionaries! :)






1 comment:

  1. I think Jessica will understand about the package thing. Ya - that's so expensive!

    ReplyDelete