Saturday, October 5, 2013

Counting Blessings: A Facebook Friends Gathering

Today's Blessing:  Sisterhood

You always hear the saying one person can't make a difference.  That's totally wrong.  Today I met four wonderful ladies...sisters in the gospel...all because one lady took and texted us pictures of our daughters who are all serving missions in the Tacoma Washington Mission.  What a miracle!

Sister Julie Pryor is one of those ladies who makes you feel at home.  I bet she becomes a "mission mom" to all those lucky missionaries serving in the Chambers Creek, Washington area.  Through her connection, I have become Facebook Friends with three other wonderful ladies whose daughters have been a strength and beacon to my daughter.

Our whole group :)
Julie Pryor, Me, Pam Packard, Kristen Hall, Lisa Wilkins
Last week, Sister Pryor sent out a short message on Facebook saying she would be coming to Utah this week and would love to meet up with family and friends while here.  News of her visit quickly caught fire with all of us Facebook Sister Missionary Mom's and within hours, arrangements had been made for all of us to meet at the Macaroni Grill Restaurant in Salt Lake in between conference sessions.  And that's the miracle because we all came from different locations...Lehi, Springville, Brigham City, Texas - yes Texas - because she was already coming to Utah to visit family and attend one of the General Conference sessions, and then Sister Pryor from Washington!  It couldn't have come together more smoothly then if it had been planned for a year!

It was soooo cool!  I instantly feel in love with all the ladies...it's like we'd known each other forever!!  It must be all those memories coming back from the pre-existence!

1 comment:

  1. I still think that is so cool! See how cool it is having your kid serve in the U.S.? Nice!

    ReplyDelete