Murder, mystery, and intrigue filled our Family Home Evening tonight as we all dressed up like Batman villains (and some not so villainy) and joined together at Clintanie's home for a murder mystery dinner. Can I just say...IT WAS AWESOME!!
My son-in-law, Clint, has been wanting to put together a murder mystery dinner for a while and he loves comic books so it was just natural for him to write one up revolving around Batman and his enemies. Most of us dressed up and totally got into character. I got to be Poison Ivy...it was way fun!
To begin the evening, Clint gave us the murder scenario, then dinner was served...in five courses. With each course we received new information to help us solve the murder, by the fifth course we should have had the murderer figured out, right? Well, I think all that poison ivy venom didn't help my brain much because by round five I was still wondering who in the world it could be! Oh well, it was sure fun trying to solve the mystery! Plus the food was delicious!
![]() |
| That's me! Poison Ivy herself! Stephanie said I look 20 years younger...Woohoo!! |
![]() |
| Harley Quinn (Rachel Hudson) & Joker (Cody) They totally played the part! |
![]() |
| Two-Face...Harvey Dent (Ha! That's my Good-lookin' man!) He was awesome! |
![]() |
| Lieutenant Gordon and Gilda Dent The talented writer himself! |
![]() |
| The Riddler (Kelvin Bloxham... not too keen on dressing up but he had the tie!! :) |
![]() |
| Mobsters (Amanda Rogers & Anna Dean... Jason had to fly to Atlanta for a work training... but we enjoyed Amanda - she's a pro at these things! |
![]() |
| Cat Woman (Tiffany) and Scarecrow (Jeremy...creepy, right?!) Jeremy even brought a can of gas!! |
And Clint did the coolest thing...he wrote it all online so we had these QR codes to scan which took us to our clues...it was way neat!
![]() |
| Gotta love technology! |
If anyone wants to hire a very talented murder mystery dinner writer, I know just the man!! :) He is amazing!! :)
+(533x800).jpg)
+(800x533).jpg)
+(800x533).jpg)
+(800x533).jpg)
+(533x800).jpg)
+(800x533).jpg)
+(800x533).jpg)
+(800x533).jpg)
That was a BLAST!
ReplyDelete