For all the years that we had kids at home, Scott & I were diligent "Family Timers" and "Family Home Eveningers". Each Sunday was our gospel lesson time with the kids and Monday nights were activity nights. Aw...so many good (and some not so good) memories!
Now I confess, Scott and I have become lazy being empty nesters. With our church callings, our Sundays are pretty much occupied with meetings - especially for Scott. So we never have that time for our gospel lesson time anymore. And Monday nights had just become another weekday night. You know what? I could tell something was missing.
So several weeks ago I suggested we buckle down and have our Family Home Evenings again. Even though we don't have any kids at home, we still need that spiritual and fun time together. I suggested we take turns planning the night but we always read (or listen to) a conference talk first (our gospel lesson time), and then play a game, watch a movie, or do something fun together. Guess what? We've been successful for three weeks now and I love it!
+(800x533).jpg)
Tonight was my turn so we listened to Dallin H. Oaks' talk, "The Challenge to Become"...recommended to us by Cody. Then we played a two-person/four-person game of Rummikub (we each played two boards, ha, ha) because I really like that game! And for treats...cake in a mug...with ice cream of course!And FHE was definitely a blessing for us tonight because I was mad at Scott earlier...he forgot to save my letter to Jessica with his! Jess got no email from Mom this week! :( But I couldn't stay mad at him for long, especially after being spiritually instructed!
AND...we received surprising news from Jessica...she got her Visa!! Oh my, I think I had started to believe it wasn't ever going to come!! She flies to Argentina next Monday!...all in the Lord's due time. I can't decide if I'm happy or sad or just plain worried!!
Dad's such a good guy! But you can't blame him - you two are getting old. :) Ha ha! Good job on the FHE.
ReplyDelete